Code of Ethics
LAST UPDATED: February 2024
- I will not spam your email, nor will I sell my email list to other parties.
- I will be transparent about my relationship to businesses, products, services, etc., I promote.
- If I decide to become a business entity outside of a single-member LLC, I commit that I will adopt a pro-worker structure similar to that of Tunnel Vision, the business owned by Madeline Pendleton.
- I will work to minimize my complicity in structural oppression by striving to be an active accomplice to other historically marginalized communities.
Marketing & Sales Practices
- I commit to being direct + consistent in my marketing about deadlines and availability of work.
- I will not practice or utilize artificial scarcity for digital products and e-books.
- My marketing & branding strategies will be formulated – as best as I can – around how and what I am doing, not around a parasocial dynamic.
- I will not engage in the use of shame or engage in sales practices that purposefully agitate and amplify one’s “pain points” in psychologically distressing ways.
- I will be clear + transparent about any and all affiliate links, royalties, or residuals I receive from links, codes, or products – in accordance with the FTC.
- I will use grounded, thoughtful, and discerning language when discussing any of my professional offerings, testimonials offered to me from former participants, or adjacent subjects.
- I will clearly articulate the limits and capacities of myself as a professional, the products + services I offer, or the products + services I promote.
- I will provide a clear disclaimers on my website and/or sales pages discouraging people from making purchasing decisions while distressed or from a place of fear, or engaging in a way that puts them at risk financially or emotionally.
Social Capital + Brand Power
- I commit to consistently working on maintaining clear, respectful boundaries with collaborators, clients, contractors, and other professional contacts, in order to minimize risk for unintentional exploitation or harm.
- I will not purposefully leverage my social capital, social media, or financial power to bully, intimidate, or silence smaller creators, peers, or individuals in the general public who have respectful disagreement with me or dislike my work.
- In the event I have a concern about my intellectual property rights, I will attempt to negotiate them outside the legal system first before pursuing formal legal recourse.
Spiritual Work + Pastoral Care
- Confidentiality – I will not reveal what a client tells me without their written approval. I will hold all written and verbal communication with a client in confidence, except in the event of a life-threatening situation or as compelled by a court of law.
- Honesty – I will interpret divination & perform spiritual services to the best of my ability, and will honestly admit when I cannot interpret something or when I feel my services are inappropriate. I will always tell the truth, but not impose information on a client that they have clearly indicated that they do not wish to know or explore further in depth.
- Non-judgment – I will always strive to provide divination & spiritual services with compassion and in a nonjudgmental manner.
- Expertise – I will not give advice in areas for which I am not qualified, and I will strive to qualify my thoughts as being based on my limited, individual opinion only to be corroborated by an appropriate professional. If my client needs a physician, psychologist, lawyer, financial advisor, accountant, or any other professional service for which I am not qualified, I will encourage them to seek such service from someone who is qualified in that area, and I will make appropriate referrals wherever possible.
- Responsibility & Sovereignty – My goal as a service provider is to support my clients in claiming their sovereignty & ownership over their obligations and responsibilities, both to themselves and others, and to act according to their own conscience. I will strive to ensure that my clients feel they are well-supported & well-informed, in a way that helps them navigate and manage their goals/desires in a way that works best for them.
- Independence & Healthy Boundaries – I will not let my clients become overly dependent upon my services, nor pressure or coerce them for return visits. I will maintain a well-balanced, clear, and ethical relationship with my clients at all times, and refrain from capitalizing on, exploiting, or using a client’s vulnerability and trust for my own gain, including making referrals for compensation (and consistently disclosing when or if I will be compensated for a particular choice to act on a recommendation). I will treat all of my clients and colleagues with well-boundaried respect and consideration.
- Ongoing Professional Development – I commit to an ongoing and engaged study of skills and subjects relevant to my services, that will advance my own professional development, and aid me in providing high quality pastoral care in the form of divinations and magical services.